Grade One teacher
Sunfield Waldorf School is seeking a dedicated Waldorf trained teacher to join our vibrant and growing school on a certified organic farm.
Our 2016 Grade One class is a wonderful, culturally diverse group of ten or more children, with parents dedicated to Waldorf education. In September 2017 they will form a combined Grade 1/2 class, in the model of our school that has worked with a successful well-formed system of combined grades for ten years.
Sunfield Waldorf School has approximately one hundred and twenty children in Pre-K through Grade 8. Our stable and caring faculty presently has seven early childhood and grade teachers, and three to four specialty teachers, with a supportive administration. The school is closely integrated with the work of our farm. Daily, children and teachers assist the farmer by milking goats, tending sheep and chickens, making compost, and gardening.
The farm and school campus comprises eighty-one acres of fields, beautiful forest, and wetlands. We are within fifteen minutes of the Victorian seaport of Port Townsend, an active community, rich in culture, arts and outdoor activities. A strong local foods movement abounds in the area, supported by surrounding organic farms. Located in the rain shadow of the Olympics, we are within easy reach of the Olympic National Park, outstanding for its mountains and coastal beauty. Seattle is within a two hour drive.
Candidates for this position must be Waldorf trained and preferably have several years of teaching experience. A special interest in farming, biodynamics, animals and nature are an asset. They need to be enthusiastic about continuing on to teach combined grades, for which there is mentorship from experienced faculty members. Our teachers require a deep understanding of the curriculum and child development, and a commitment to working out of anthroposophy.
Please send a letter of interest, a brief biography, and names and addresses of three professional references to our administrator Beth Ann OʼDell, email@example.com For more information refer to our website: sunfieldfarm.org or call (360) 385-3658. Sunfield Farm and Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer.
Temporary Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant – Temporary Maternity Leave Position
Minimum Education is High School Diploma
Minimum two years experience in performing office duties preferred
Proficiency in and ability to manage: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Publisher,
Access, and Word Press.
- Works to promote the mission and vision of Sunfield Farm and School through the guiding principles of the organization.
- Maintains office space, inventories and purchases office supplies
- Answers and directs telephone messages/calls
- Collects, sorts and distributes mail from the Post Office
- Operates and maintains office equipment
- Responds to (or directs to program areas) email correspondence
- Organizes and maintains accurate records and manages database and email list
- Organizes and maintains CSA member files
- Responds to donations in coordination with Administrator
- Works with Administrator to create and maintain an organizational calendar – distributes it regularly to all staff, board members, parents and volunteers
- Maintains updated school directory
- Provides student applications packets for prospective families
- Manages school, farm and community ed. mailings throughout the year
- Keeps supplies of copied documents on hand, e.g. brochures, fliers, bulletins
- Updates and creates forms as needed
- Assists as directed with fund development tasks
- Helps with set up and facilitation of special events
- Assists in coordinating volunteer activities
- Provides administrative support to staff, faculty and committees, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Administrator
The Sunfield Administrative Assistant reports to the Sunfield Administrator
Training begins the end of April
Pay: $13.00 per hour
Please e-mail or send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Attn: Beth Ann O’Dell, Sunfield Administrator, P.O. Box 85, Port Hadlock, WA 98339. Position open until filled.
Sunfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer