Bookkeeper/Financial Coordinator (.5 FTE)
Responsibilities: Provides primary bookkeeping and internal accounting functions for Sunfield Education Association and maintains computerized books of accounts for all Sunfield financial activities as well as develops and manages the financial portfolio for the organization. Participates as a member of the Finance Committee and rotates as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Process vendor bills and payments in a timely manner
- Post credit card charges and reconcile statement
- Process and distribute monthly tuition invoices
- Receive and process automatic tuition payments through online credit system
- Distribute monthly statements to outstanding accounts
- Prepare daily bank deposit
- Prepare monthly payroll and all related payroll reports, maintains all necessary supporting information
- Prepare all required IRS, payroll tax, L & I, State Unemployment and any other related reports and payments
- Prepare and distribute annual IRS W-2, 1099, 940 Federal unemployment forms
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare monthly financial statements and other financial reports needed for Sunfield Board meetings, Finance Committee meetings, funding proposals and funding reports
- Prepare an annual corporate budget for approval by the Board in cooperation with the Finance, Farm, and Faculty committees.
- Compile and produce necessary in-house financial information.
- Ensure that financial audits and annual tax returns (Form 990) are compiled and conducted in a timely manner in accordance with IRS regulations and reviewed by Leadership Team and Board
- Participate in the Adjusted Tuition Program.
- Develop and manage financial safeguard policies
- Staffs the Finance Committee and attends the Leadership and Board meetings as necessary
- Coordinate effectively with the Administrator to ensure that all school student contracts are prepared, distributed, and signed in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field, and at least 3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Nonprofit accounting experience strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and QuickBooks Pro
- Excellent personal and professional ethics, including ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to sit at a desk and to operate computer equipment
Salary and Benefits:
- $15-$18/hr, Reports to the Administrator, Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Salary is dependent on experience. There are no benefits offered at this time other than tuition remission based on the existing policy in the employee manual.
The mission of Sunfield is to provide programs in education and sustainable land stewardship that engage the hands, awakens the mind, and nurture connections between the earth and its inhabitants.
To apply send cover letter, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com
Closes June 16, 2017
Sunfield Education Association
P.O. Box 85 Port Hadlock, WA 98339
(360) 385-3658 – www.sunfieldfarm.org
Sunfield Education Association is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation
Swallows Nest Preschool Assistant
Assistant Teachers work collaboratively with Lead Teachers and other members of the Early Childhood Faculty / Staff to maintain the integrity and quality of Sunfield Waldorf School Early Childhood programs. Ideally, a program assistant will have training and/or experience in Waldorf education, as well as experience and/or training in working with young children. Kindness, warmth, patience, energy, and a genuine dedication to Waldorf Education are assets for this position.
Part time position, 14 hours per week, $12 per hour
To apply please submit a cover letter, brief biography, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunfield Education Association
PO Box 85 Port Hadlock, WA 98339
360-385-3658 – www.sunfieldfarm.org
Sunfield Education Association is a registered 501 (c)(3) nonprofit corporation