Teacher for 1st/2nd grade class for fall 2015
Sunfield farm and Waldorf School located on a beautiful 83 acre campus, is one of a few schools in the nation located on a working farm. Our pristine land includes forests, wetlands and fields of a working biodynamic farm. We are located just a few miles south of Port Townsend, Washington, a unique Victorian seaport with a rich cultural life. We are surrounded by water, islands and beaches, and backed by the spectacular Olympic Mountains, all offering a multitude of outdoor opportunities. Seattle with all its big city attractions, as well as the Anthroposophical Society and Sound Circle Center for Arts and Anthroposophy, is only a two hour journey away.
Our school has been on the land for eight years. We currently serve 102 children in pre-k through grade seven. Next year we will add an eighth grade. We are a developing AWSNA affiliate. We have a dedicated faculty of eight teachers who enjoy their colleagueship, carry a strong appreciation for anthroposophy and feel blessed to be working in an environment where the rhythms of farm life are incorporated into the Waldorf curriculum.
We are seeking an experienced, Waldorf trained class teacher interested in being involved in a young developing school. The ideal candidate will have a pioneering spirit and an ability to work collaboratively. They must be grounded, resourceful and able to demonstrate flexibility, as well as nurture positive relationships within the class, parent body and colleagues. This teacher will bring joy and artistry to their work as they skillfully weave the curriculum together to meet the needs of a combined class.
We offer a competitive salary and tuition remission. For more information contact Beth Ann O’Dell, Organization Coordinator. To apply for this position please send a letter of interest, resume, a brief autobiography and three professional references to email@example.com , Sunfield Farm and Waldorf school P.O. Box 85 Port Hadlock WA 98339. (360)385-3658
Sunfield Farm and Waldorf School is seeking a candidate for a newly created position to serve as its Land for Learning Outreach Coordinator. This person will have the duties and possess the skills enumerated below.
The Outreach Coordinator:
- Will be the “face-to-the-public” for Sunfield’s Land for Learning Waldorf School and Biodynamic Farm, and be responsible for telling its story to the greater local and regional community through attending meetings of social clubs and benevolent organizations and representing it at civic and private functions.
- As is the case with the Board of Directors’ Outreach Committee, the Organization Coordinator and the Faculty and Staff, the Outreach Coordinator must be ever mindful of the need to develop and expand Sunfield’s donor base.
- In conjunction with the Board, Faculty and Staff, s/he will participate in a regular series of outreach and fundraising events, including assisting with:
- Preparation of dissemination of an annual Land for Learning events calendar;
- The Annual Giving campaign;
- The Annual Sun Run; and
- The development of a new summer music festival named the Sunfield Sun Fest.
- Will build relationships with local giving organizations such as the UGN fund and the Jefferson County Community Foundation.
- Will help expand the awareness of Sunfield’s existence, in part through developing networks with regional Waldorf schools, Seattle contacts and the national anthroposophical community.
- Must stay abreast of Waldorf teaching methodology and how it compares with other current educational approaches, in order to convincingly explain what makes the Waldorf approach unique.
- Will assist, in close cooperation with Faculty and Staff, in updating and developing marketing materials, revising brochures and creating an engaging DVD showing the Sunfield experience.
- Will assist with keeping Sunfield’s web site relevant and help assure Sunfield’s message is consistent and available on all forms of social media.
- Will develop an invitational, open house, several hour tour of Sunfield at least once a month called, for example, “Experience our Land for Learning.”
- Will attend all Board of Directors’ Outreach Committee monthly meetings and, on special request, Board meetings.
- Will work with Faculty to develop new methods to increase enrollment of students.
- Will assist with Annual All School Meeting.
- Over the longer term, the Outreach Coordinator will be an integral team member in the design and implementation of the Land for Learning’s Capital Campaign.
- The candidate should possess a positive attitude, be outgoing, vibrant, highly organized, a self-starter with imagination and a team player. S/he must have an understanding of and appreciation for Waldorf education and biodynamic agriculture, and be enthusiastic about what Sunfield does and can do.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, as is the need to be at ease with public speaking.
- The candidate must also have good digital communication skills, including knowledge of the use of social and new media for promotional purposes.
- Experience and connections with the local and regional communities (social, educational, business and professional) are most important.
The position is for six months, with renewal based upon funding availability and performance reviews, reviews will be conducted monthly by the Board of Directors’ Outreach Committee, and by the full Board of Directors at the three and six month intervals.
Compensation is at the rate of $15 per hour, with a minimum of 20 hours a week required and 25 hours a week being the maximum time compensable. The work schedule is flexible, depending on the demands of attending meetings of organizations that Sunfield needs to reach, some of which may occur in the evening hours. Benefits include school holidays, five days vacation leave and 50% reduced school tuition. The Outreach Coordinator reports to the Organization Coordinator as her/his direct supervisor.
Application should be made by email to Beth Ann O’Dell, Organization Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a letter of interest, a recent resume and three references. The position is open until filled. Thank you for your interest.