Experienced Handwork Teacher for 2015-2016 school year.
Must be familiar with Waldorf Handwork Curriculum and work well with children First through Eighth Grade. Skills required: basic knitting, as well as knitting socks and hats on four needles, crocheting, cross stitch, working with wool, spinning and felting, pattern making and machine sewing. This is a part time position at 9 hours per week on Monday and Wednesday, $15 per hour. Send a cover letter, brief biography, resume and three professional references to email@example.com
Experienced Second Grade Main Lesson Support Teacher for fall 2015.
This is a part time position at 16 hours per week for 16 weeks. Candidate must have a solid understanding of the Second Grade Waldorf curriculum and be able to present work for main lesson books with form and artistry. This position also requires the ability to work closely and collaboratively with the primary teacher. Send a cover letter, brief biography, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org – Closing Date: July 15, 2015
Bookkeeper/Financial Coordinator (.5 FTE)
Responsibilities: Provides primary bookkeeping and internal accounting functions for Sunfield Education Association and maintains computerized books of accounts for all Sunfield financial activities as well as develops and manages the financial portfolio for the organization. Participates as a member of the Finance Committee and rotates as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Process vendor bills and payments in a timely manner
- Post credit card charges and reconcile statement
- Process and distribute monthly tuition invoices
- Receive and process automatic tuition payments through online credit system
- Distribute monthly statements to outstanding accounts
- Prepare daily bank deposit
- Prepare monthly payroll and all related payroll reports, maintains all necessary supporting information
- Prepare all required IRS, payroll tax, L & I, State Unemployment and any other related reports and payments
- Prepare and distribute annual IRS W-2, 1099, 940 Federal unemployment forms
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare monthly financial statements and other financial reports needed for Sunfield Board meetings, Finance Committee meetings, funding proposals and funding reports
- Prepare an annual corporate budget for approval by the Board in cooperation with the Finance, Farm, and Faculty committees.
- Compile and produce necessary in-house financial information.
- Ensure that financial audits and annual tax returns (Form 990) are compiled and conducted in a timely manner in accordance with IRS regulations and reviewed by Leadership Team and Board
- Participate in the Adjusted Tuition Program.
- Develop and manage financial safeguard policies
- Staffs the Finance Committee and attends the Leadership and Board meetings as necessary
- Coordinate effectively with the Organization Coordinator to ensure that all school student contracts are prepared, distributed, and signed in a timely manner. Specifically, all returning families must receive contracts by June 15, at the latest. Develop and implement the financial incentives and protocols necessary to ensure that all returning families have signed their contracts by August 1, and have submitted payment for their first month’s tuition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field, and at least 3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Nonprofit accounting experience strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and QuickBooks Pro
- Excellent personal and professional ethics, including ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to sit at a desk and to operate computer equipment
Salary and Benefits:
- $15-$18/hr, Reports to Organization Coordinator, Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Salary is dependent on experience. There are no benefits offered at this time other than tuition remission based on the existing policy in the employee manual.
The mission of Sunfield is to provide programs in education and sustainable land stewardship that engage the hands, awakens the mind, and nurture connections between the earth and its inhabitants.
To apply send cover letter, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com
Closes July 24, 2015
Sunfield Education Association
P.O. Box 85 Port Hadlock, WA 98339
(360) 385-3658 – Info@sunfieldfarm.org
Sunfield Education Association is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation